(Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.)
I’m not sure what it is about October, but once a week for the past few weeks, I’ve found myself looking, quite seriously, looking for a kitten.
(I did this with a puppy a few years ago, too – in October I decided we were going to get a puppy. Thank goodness my friend D talked me out of THAT timing. Snow + house training = bad. I SO owe her.)
But I want a kitty. Enough that I’ve warned Jeff that there may be a day when he comes home and we have a new kitten for the house.
It’s a TERRIBLE idea, getting a kitten.
1. Our dog eats everything. I cannot fathom the issues we’d have with a litterbox.
2. The litterbox. Need I mention more?
3. Cat hair. EVERYWHERE.
4. Oh, and did I mention that we think Jeff might have an allergy to cats?
5. I happen to love that our dog does not sleep on the furniture. Cats, however, will.
6. Claws and scratching posts. And nail cutting.
7. We have a dog, and I have a rule: One animal at a time.
I want a little fluffy purring kitten. I want a crazy kitten who jumps out and attacks my ankles as I walk by. I want an insane kitten that will let me pet her for 6, maybe 7 pets, then turn on me and attack my hand. I want a warm purring bundle who smells WAY better than dog. I want a kitten who will cuddle with me on the couch every night, all warm and cute and snuggly.
So I’m writing it here… instead of searching out adoptable kittens on the internet.